If you are into teaching the Magic Tree House series to your young learners you will love volume 30, Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve, this Halloween. In this novel, Jack and Annie must find the Diamond of Destiny and save the mystical land of Camelot from the evil Raven King. It’s an exciting adventure that will keep both you and your students enthralled from beginning to end.
The ESL Review has designed a novel study booklet perfect for students whose first language is Korean. It includes:
– comprehension questions about the story with space for students to answer in full sentences;
– a creative writing assignment where students can express their opinions about topics related to the text;
– a vocabulary list with Korean translations of key words to save on dictionary time and reduce confusion about meaning;
– a word search puzzle for students to enjoy some quiet time to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary;
– a sequencing worksheet where students can identify the different components of the story; and
– a chapter quiz so you can assess your students’ comprehension of the text and vocabulary.
There is also:
– a comic strip worksheet;
– a vocabulary list;
– a summarizer worksheet;
– an illustrator worksheet;
– a make your own word search puzzle worksheet;
– a whole book crossword puzzle
– a make your own crossword puzzle worksheet;
– a making predictions worksheet;
– a final test with answer key;
– a book cover project; and
– a book report assignment.
This novel study booklet is also available in Spanish and Japanese.